Terms and Conditions ("Terms")
Last updated: 5/2/17
Please read these Terms and Conditions ("Terms", "Terms and Conditions") carefully before using the Website (http://improvingliteracy.org) operated by the National Center on Improving Literacy (NCIL) ("us", "we", or "our").
Your access to and use of the Website is conditioned on your acceptance of and compliance with these Terms. These Terms apply to all visitors, users and others who access or use the Website.
By accessing or using the Website you agree to be bound by these Terms. If you disagree with any part of the terms then you may not access the Website.
By using improvingliteracy.org you represent that you are not a person barred from receiving services under the laws of the United States or any of its states or any other applicable jurisdictions. If you are under age 13, please do not create an account with, or provide any personal information to the Website.
Our Intellectual Property
We own the information on the Website. The information is posted for your personal use, not for your commercial purposes.
National Center on Improving Literacy and its associated logos are our trademarks and/or service marks. To the extent there are trademarks, service marks, and logos from other organizations on the Website, they are the trademarks, service marks, or logos of those organizations. You are granted no general right or commercial license with respect to any National Center on Improving Literacy trademarks, service marks, or logos, or of the trademarks, service marks, or logos of those other organizations.
This is a list of specific things that you agree you will not do when accessing or using the Website.
You represent and warrant that you will not use improvingliteracy.org to:
- Violate any law or encourage or provide instructions to another to do so;
- Post any content that you are not authorized to post;
- Act in a manner that negatively affects other users’ ability to use improvingliteracy.org;
- Post anything that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files, or programs designed to interrupt, destroy, or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment, including by engaging in any denial of service attack;
- Exceed your authorized access to any portion of improvingliteracy.org;
- Remove, delete, alter, circumvent, avoid, or bypass any watermark or digital rights management technology;
- Use data mining, robots, screen scraping, or similar data gathering and extraction tools;
- Collect or store personal data about anyone; or
- Reproduce (other than as necessary to lawfully access improvingliteracy.org or for your own personal use), adapt, distribute, make available, communicate to the public, publicly display, or publicly perform any portion of improvingliteracy.org or the materials on improvingliteracy.org in whole or in part.
Our Actions If You Breach These Terms
If you breach these Terms, we can terminate your access immediately.
Links To Other Web Sites
Our Website may contain links to third-party web sites or services that are not owned or controlled by us.
We have no control over, and assumes no responsibility for, the content, privacy policies, or practices of any third party web sites or services. You further acknowledge and agree that we shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any such content, goods or services available on or through any such web sites or services.
The National Center on Improving Literacy does not endorse individual vendors, products or services. See our Endorsement Disclaimer for more information.
We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to modify or replace these Terms at any time. We will tell you when we do so. If you continue to use the Website you agree to the new Terms, rules and/or policies.
If you have any questions about these Terms, please contact us.
The research reported here is funded by awards to the National Center on Improving Literacy from the Office of Elementary and Secondary Education, in partnership with the Office of Special Education Programs (Award #: S283D160003). The opinions expressed are those of the authors and do not represent views of OESE, OSEP, or the U.S. Department of Education. Copyright © 2023 National Center on Improving Literacy. https://improvingliterarcy.org